23 April 2010

The Savvy Stylist: Formal Events for a Young Teacher

Reader Request:

I'm a young high school teacher (just turned 24) and I have to go to TWO fancy events for my school: the military ball and prom. I need two formal outfits that will set me apart from the students (I am frequently mistaken for them) while still being youthful- I don't want to look matronly! I'm in Houston so it's likely to be hot when I leave for the event, but cold inside since they'll be blasting the A/C. Any help would be super appreciated!

The first outfit is for the military ball. There may not be much to it, but the items pack a punch. It's chic but so elegant that you will not be confused for a student, and the top of the dress will keep you covered in the A/C! This outfit only costs $100 (on the nose!)

Shop Now:

This outfit is for the prom. It's trendy, but its sophistication will set you apart once again. The dress is also very versatile for future use (and the long sleeves will keep you warm)! This look is only $93.65.