13 May 2010

The Savvy Stylist: Graduation Day

Reader Request

I will be graduating from grad school in a few short weeks, and need an outfit idea. I hate wearing dresses, so I plan on wearing nice black or dark gray pants. However, I need help with the top, shoes, accessories. I'd like the top to be something sophisticated but not revealing, because even though I will be wearing my gown on top for the graduation itself, I do not plan on wearing it the entire day. I'll be running around beforehand, helping organize a few things in connection with the ceremony. The graduation ceremony itself is indoors, but right outside the building is a lake, and afterward, everyone usually takes their pictures with the lake in the background.

Congrats on finishing grad school! This look is versatile enough to take you through your busy day, and it costs just $94.13.