05 May 2010

The Savvy Stylist: Mother's Day Lunch

Reader Request

My husband wants to take me out to lunch for Mother's Day and I have no idea what to wear. We will be going to a very nice place that is a bar/restaurant/lounge - upscale but not stuffy. I suppose you could call it hip or trendy. I want to wear either a dress or skirt because I normally wear jeans. Something colorful, maybe a print, but not too overwhelming as I am only 5'2". I want to be sexy but not over the top, since it will be 2pm. Something that shows some cleavage or drapes off of my shoulder would be nice. I have these Aerosole shoes that I want to wear so if you could incorporate those that would be great. Another thing to consider would be my slight apple shape, ample tummy but not much in the hip area.

Happy Mother's Day! I think that this look meets all of your specifications. The whole outfit, not including the shoes you already have, costs $99.73.