07 May 2010

The Savvy Stylist: A Proposal

Reader Request

My girlfriend just got accepted to graduate school in Yale, so my girlfriend and I are moving to Connecticut! Even more exciting is that we're moving to a state where we can legally marry, so I'm planning on proposing to her as soon as possible. I want to take her to a nice dinner and ask her to marry me as soon as possible. The only problem is, I spend most of my time working in a lab where I wear practical clothing and sensible shoes under my lab coat, so I have literally nothing nice to wear. I want to look beautiful when I propose to her! I'm thinking maybe a simple black dress, so that I can wear it again and again (but nothing strapless or too revealing up top, please). I'm not sure how to accessorize either. Any ideas? Oh, and also - I don't do high heels, but low ones are okay.

Congrats on your acceptance to Yale and your upcoming proposal! How exciting! This look will be perfect for your big night out and costs only $96.78.