07 June 2010

The Savvy Stylist: Reuniting with Soldier Husband

Reader Request

My husband is returning from his 4th deployment to Iraq. This deployment is a little different, we now two baby girls 18 months old and 6 months old. This is turning out to be a challenge trying to find an outfit for the homecoming. Generally you have to wait for hours until they can be released to family, the gym is hot. I also will have to wrangle, run, bend, and chase after two baby girls. You would not believe what some military wives wear, clear 'dancer' shoes, trench coats (with I assume nothing else), and tacky t-shirts with their soldiers face on them. I steer towards a "geek chic" 1950's housewife style with unexpected twists. I have been struggling trying to come up with a cohesive outfit. Do you have time to help?

Of course I have time to help! I hope that this look is sexy enough to greet your husband, comfy enough to chase after your girls, and stylish enough to make you happy. It costs just $95.37.