04 March 2011

The Savvy Stylist: St. Patrick's Day Party

Reader Request

I've been invited to a St. Patrick's Day party. It will be at someone's home - casual, nothing formal. Of course we are required to wear green! I want to look hot & classy, but age appropriate as I'm 41. My go to outfit is jeans (straight leg or boot cut & dark wash) wedge or heels and a top. First I thought about wearing a kelly green polo or my "lady luck" t-shirt, but I'd like to step it up with a cute top. It can be short, quarter length or long sleeve. It can accentuate my chest, but camouflage my mid section. Temps will probably be in the 50s or 60s so no need for a heavy sweater or jacket. I'm open to any suggestions you can offer.

I'll be honest: I searched high and low for a cute green top but couldn't find a single one that I liked for your party, so I put together a casual dress outfit instead. You'll still fit in perfectly at the low-key party, but you'll look extra special! The outfit comes from Delia's, Kohl's and Wet Seal and costs $96.66.

Shop Now:

Photobucket