01 October 2012

Enter to Win a Bottle of Literary Lacquers Nail Polish

I don't usually do beauty giveaways on my site because, well, I'm not a beauty blogger! But when my friend from high school launched her own line of nail polishes inspired by William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, I couldn't resist!

From the founder of Literary Lacquers, my friend Amy:

Literary Lacquers was founded at 7,000 feet above sea level in the high desert of Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2012 out of a desire to combine my two biggest passions: literature and polish. Each polish is inspired by a literary reference and I attempt to evoke in color and texture the feel of the passage or work to me. I'm fascinated with the way that light passes through polish and bounces off shimmers and glitters and I've worked to develop complex and unique finishes to my polishes. 

All of the polishes are 3-free and each contains two stainless steel shaker balls.

All of my purchased shipping materials are 100% recycled and my greenwrap is 100% compostable as well as being recyclable.

Amy sent me a bottle of the shade Jealous Oberon, a glittery pale gold. I'm terrible at painting my own nails (thank goodness for nail salons) but I tried it out anyway. I'll spare you a photo of my own sloppy nails and show you a photo straight from the shop itself.


It went on very smoothly for a glitter polish. Two coats were enough for the full glitter effect. Best of all (in my opinion, anyway) it came right off when I removed it. Taking glittery nail polish off can be a giant pain, so that is a giant plus for me. 

Now, here's the fun part: Amy wants to give three What the Frock? readers a free bottle of Literary Lacquers in any shade you choose. Just follow the instructions on Rafflecopter below.

And if you'd like to purchase the polishes, Amy is also offering free shipping to all What the Frock? readers through the month of October, with code WHATTHEFROCK.