18 December 2012

Fundraiser: What the Frock? supports Dress for Success


I've got some big news that I'm really excited to share!

A couple of months ago, when I posted my reader survey, I got one suggestion that I didn't address in my follow-up post, but it definitely stuck with me and I planned to address it in the future.

It said (and I hope the reader doesn't mind me quoting her verbatim):

I love what you do for us readers by giving us inspiration and ideas. However, I am one that likes to think of how we can give back to our communities. I'm not exactly sure how it can be done through your blog, but I was thinking about ways to donate clothes,  having links to coalitions that work with immigrants or refugees that need clothing, or other things along those lines. 

Like I said, this really stuck with me. I love the idea of using What the Frock? to give back, and when I heard about the organization Dress for Success, I knew I'd found a wonderful charity to support. Their mission is simple. Read all about them here, but if you don't feel like clicking through, here it is in a nutshell:

The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. 

I'd like to raise $2500 to donate to Dress for Success, and I'd love your help! I've created an account on Crowdrise to manage the fundraiser, and you can donate here. Donations can be as little as $10 or as much as you like - any little bit will help. I'll also have the link up on my sidebar for easy access.

Thanks so much in advance, and I can't wait to get started!

By the way, Crowdrise adds an optional 10% to donations to offset their own housekeeping costs. If you'd like to opt out of this, just click here when you go to donate.