The final post for this week is from the wonderful and stylish Shermineh of PostGradChic, who put together some gorgeous New Year's Eve outfits with this versatile and stylish sequined skirt.
Note: Shermineh uses Polyvore to put together her outfits, so to get links to the items, click right on the images, which will take you to Polyvore and the links!
Hey everyone! Shermineh from PostGradChic over here to discuss New Year's outfits! I'm really excited to be here, as I am a huge fan of this blog, so I hope you enjoy!
I think New Year's Eve is the perfect time to go glam it up a bit. I've already discussed this over on my blog, but sequins are the perfect thing to do so with. I know that they can be daunting to some, so I thought it would be a great idea to show you guys three ways to wear the same sequined skirt.
| Click image for product links |
For a more casual, but not too casual, look for New Years, I thought about dressing down the skirt with a denim shirt. I'm a firm believer that a denim shirt is the perfect piece to always bring a wild garment back down to earth. A simple black clutch, and black pointy toe pumps act as neutrals for this outfit, leaving the focus on the skirt. I'd swipe on a strong red lip, with a clean bare face, and head out to the bars with this look.
| Click image for product links |
| Click image for product links |
If your ideal New Years involves a get together at a good friend's house, or an intimate dinner, try going the cozy route with your look... it is Winter after all! A thick chunky sweater worn casually over the skirt will keep you feeling warm all night. Add some walkable booties, and cute ankle socks for extra warmth, and you got yourself an adorable little number that will have people envious. For a finishing touch, add a statement necklace, and you're good to go!
I hope you all enjoyed this post! And thank you Dana for letting me share with your lovely readers!