11 December 2012

Warm Weather Holiday Fashion: From Audrey of Putting Me Together

Today's post is from Audrey of Putting Me Together, which is an amazing resource for anyone trying to build a practical, versatile wardrobe on a budget.

Hello!  I'm so excited to be here at What the Frock!  Many thanks to Dana for having me.

Holiday outfits.  Alright, I've gotta be honest.  I'm always a little confused about what to wear.  I live in San Diego and it's usually 70 degrees during December, and the holiday looks that I see in magazines and ads involve cozy sweaters, luxurious fabrics, and all sorts of fun wintery things that I would pass out in from heat stroke.  Plus, my lifestyle and the holiday parties I go to tend to have that laid-back San Diego vibe going for them, so even wearing a pretty dress would be drastically overdressing.  Sometimes I'll wear a dress anyway, but most of the time I stick to dressing up a pair of jeans.  I can't help it, I just love easy looks with jeans!

My favorite way to dress up a pair of jeans is with a blazer.  To add some holiday cheer, there's no better way than to incorporate some sparkle!  I think this is one of the easiest formulas for a casual but chic holiday outfit.  Sparkly top + blazer + jeans = ready to hit up those holiday parties!


I chose to do it with white jeans because I love white and silver holiday decor.  I also like that white pants in the winter feels a little unexpected, but I think dark wash or black jeans work just as well.  You can mix and match any color blazer or denim for a casual chic holiday look!

Shop:
Blazer: Target (shop, similar option)
Sequin Tank: Old Navy (shop)
Jeans: Old Navy (shop)
Pumps: Target (shop)

Thanks again to Dana for having me!  Happy holidays, everyone!