Reader Request
This summer my fiance and I are having a super intimate wedding ceremony with only our immediate families. But two days later, we've reserved a local park's pavilion for a big potluck picnic "reception" of sorts that will include all the people we would've invited if we had decided to have a more traditional big wedding. We plan on everyone eating, drinking and playing sports all day, and I definitely want to participate, so a wedding dress is definitely not an option. I was thinking of something white and vaguely bridal. Casual is fine, it is, after all a potluck picnic. That said, it would be nice to have the guests feel like there are a bride and groom present...thoughts?
This look is casual enough for a picnic, but you'll still definitely stand out as the bride. I've included two pairs of shoes - a pair of sandals, and some sneakers to change into for games.
