07 November 2011

Personal Shopper: Wedding Photographer

Reader Request

My husband and I are wedding photographers and I am struggling to find a comfortable, appropriate work outfit specifically for weddings. My husband wears really spiffy suits (Mad Men style) and we don't match. My addiction to Anthropologie has my engagement/meeting look covered, but at weddings I feel like I should still match the style vibe my brides are used to, be professional, be wedding appropriate AND be comfortable (i.e. not be flashing my underwear or getting tangled in my camera strap.) The best shoes I've found are oddly enough TOMS and I'm buying a new pair of the black sequined ones in the hopes that they will look "nicer." Any thoughts? Thank you so much!

Most wedding photographers I've seen stick to black or other dark neutral tones (charcoal, navy) in order to not draw attention to themselves, so I think that building an outfit around the black TOMS is a great idea! I'd go with a knit black dress that's comfy and easy to dress up or down, and simple but fun accessories.

Shop Now:
Earrings $22 // Dress $30 // Necklace $35 // Tights $15 // Shoes $59