02 November 2011

What I'm Wearing: Cowgirl Goth?

A few weeks ago, when I put together this Stevie Nicks costume, I really dug the velvet burnout maxi skirt I'd found, so I bought it.

But when I brought it home, I wasn't sure what to do with it. Velvet + sheer + maxi + black = a little bit too goth for my tastes. So I decided to un-goth it up by pairing it with pieces that were as far from goth as possible. When I put on a pair of cowboy boots and a simple white shirt, I felt kind of like a gothic cowgirl. But I think it sort of worked.

Shop Now:
Shirt: UO (similar here) // Skirt: Forever 21 (similar here) // Boots: Steve Madden (similar here, here) // Bracelets: Ruche (similar here, here) // Necklace: Jewelmint (similar here) // Earrings (not pictured): House of Harlow (similar here)